THIS IS WHAT WE DO...
... NO MATTER WHAT!
IT'S ALL IN A NIGHT'S WORK.
Over the last few week's both our Contracts and Cladding & Roofing Teams, lead by Stuart Mason and Guy Melville, have been working with Ben Kerr from Savills in replacing the existing heating system at Thistle Shopping Centre in Stirling.
The work involves the de-commissioning of ten existing Air Handling Unit (AHU) in phases and removed from T1 & T2 roofs, with new AHU reinstated at the same time.
The project was aided by Horizon Reinforcing & Crane Hire which involved a series of complex crane lifts. Having worked in this area previously their expertise was invaluable.
The filming you see here was done last week during the night shift.
Our install team had one of the most difficult conditions to work last Wednesday, with relentless driving rain, freezing conditions and strong winds, which all thankfully dropped sufficiently enough for us to position the last AHU.
The works involved include...
- Isolation of existing services – Electrical, Gas, Control System
- Strip out existing AHU’s and break into section ready for crane lifts
- Manufacture of new steel support system to accommodate new AHU dimensions
- Power upgrade and D/B works. Involvement with SPEN power upgrade
- Crane lift split over to phases. Three nights per phase
- Ducting and Insulation Works between old and new
- BMS Control Works
- External Cladding and Flashing Works
- Remove of existing gas pipework
- Replace internal heating grilles to Shopping Mall bulkheads
- Multi trade co-ordination
A fantastic project to be involved in no matter what the time or the conditions.
IT'S WHAT WE DO!